Social Skills Success – Teacher, Professional & Parent Training Workshop in Vancouver, BC
A Social Skills Training Workshop for Kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Presented by Jed Baker, Ph.D. – All Kids Can Succeed: Handling Challenging Behaviours and Reaching Social Skills – Vancouver, BC – Thursday, April 19th, 2012 – Norman Rothstein Theatre – 950 West 41st Ave (at Oak Street)
Early Bird Registration Ends March 19th 2012! Register today to ensure your seat.
- Learn how to prevent and manage meltdowns or tantrums
- Learn strategies to teach verbal and non-verbal students
- Find out how to develop an effective behavior plan
- Become a facilitator to help create peer acceptance
- Gain skills in teaching peers to be more tolerant and supportive
- Inclusion Techniques for creating lasting friendships
- Discover how to put together a social skills training programs
- Case studies that show the strategies in action
- Discover the reasons for social skill deficits and disruptive behavior
This workshop is about understanding challenging behaviors in social communication disorders with an overview of behavior management techniques.
Specific, user-friendly strategies and techniques for providing relevant social skills instruction to children and teens with ASD will be shared at this workshop.
Enjoyable socialization methods are emphasized so individuals may experience success and desire to build skills. Social deficits affect life at home, school and eventually in the workplace. Conference participants will learn both highly beneficial strategies that can be used across a variety of settings and routines; and practical and effective solutions to assist “typical” peers, family members and professionals.